From Pre-K to 12th grade, students at Barbers Hill ISD spread kindness to celebrate SEL Day. The students share the message that kindness is contagious and will cause a chain reaction.
What is SEL Day?
SEL stands for Social and Emotional Learning and it is an important part of educating children effectively. SEL is often overlooked and does not get the attention it needs. For national SEL Day, Barbers Hill ISD students and staff celebrated kindness in many different ways.
Here are a few ideas students had on how to Pay it Forward:
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru.
- Leave a positive message for the person who sits next to you in class.
- Help clean the cafeteria tables for the next lunch.
- Put extra money in the vending machine for the next person.
- Do a chore at home before being asked.