HERE'S WHY TRADITIONAL PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE THE BEST CHOICE
WHY CHOOSE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
180 Programs - Unique Pathways
Traditional public schools offer the best opportunities for all students. There’s no comparison when it comes to the range of academic programs, extracurricular activities, and specialty pathways. From Pre-K through high school, students will find the academic and social-emotional support they need to thrive.
College acceptance rates in traditional public schools are hands down the best.
For comparison, charter schools enroll approximately 6% of all students but account for only 3% of college enrollees. School districts enroll 94% of all students and account for 97% of college enrollees.
Public Schools are the Backbone of a Community
Athletics, fine arts, science fairs, school cafeterias, and PTA meetings are a few of the reasons a community comes together. Local businesses like restaurants and florists often thrive and then financially contribute to their local schools. Friendships and family connections start in public schools.
Whole Child Support
- Transportation – school buses, the most regulated vehicles in the country, are available even when the school is far from the student’s home.
- Nurses – address a student’s physical, emotional, and mental health issues.
- Librarians – School librarians are required to have a graduate degree from a college or university.
- Counselors – Public school counselors are certified and licensed mental health professionals, as well as educators who hold master’s degrees in school counseling.
Public schools are governed by a school board, elected by the people, not owned by corporate interests. Budgets, curriculum, and policies are available and accessible to the public.
Teachers - Accredited and Tenured
- Obtain a Bachelor’s Degree
- Complete an Educator Preparation Program
- Pass Certification Exams
- Submit a State Application
- Complete Fingerprinting